Our stir sticks as Popsicle handles! Distinctive and delicious!
As we are still sweltering in the city of Chicago it seemed a perfect time to make popsicles. We found a great recipe on yumsugar.com for Watermelon Margarita Pops We’ve added our own tips to make these delicious sweet treats with our stir stick as personalized handles.
Watermelon Margarita Pops!
- Clear out enough room in your freezer to accommodate the tray you will use to freeze the pops on.
- Chop the watermelon into smallish pieces, put into Cuisinart and puree. (for those without a Cuisinart a blender or hand puree wand will work as well.)
- Add lime juice and sugar to watermelon puree. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add tequila and cointreau – stir very well.
- Fill Dixie cups. Cut small squares of tinfoil to cover the top of each cup.
- Spoon mixture in to the Dixie cups leaving roughly ¼ inch before top.
- Place tin foil squares over top of each cup and with a sharp knife cut small slits in the middle.
- Slide stir stick through each slit and once entire tray is complete slide into cleared freezer space.